Based on assessment
For eligible Hackney residents
What you'll learn
There are 2 courses available.
CLITESOLNA01 - ESOL Entry 2 (Non-accredited) – 1
Monday and Thursday 9:30 am - 12
CLITESOLNA01 - ESOL Entry 2 (Non-accredited) – 2
Thursday and Friday 12:30 - 3pm
Group Course Objectives. By the end of the course learners will be able to:
• Record personal details in a form correctly.
• Use upper- and lower-case letters correctly.
• Use different strategies for spelling and homophones.
• Identify the meaning of words and phrases in short straightforward text.
• Reading comprehension – obtain information from text using skimming and scanning techniques.
• Recognising different purposes of text.
• Identify common sources of information using yellow pages, newspaper articles and small ads.
• Sequence text and words chronological and alphabetical order.
• Grammar and punctuation -recognising conjunctions in time, instructions and directions
• Use punctuation correctly, which includes capital letters, full stop, question marks.
• Use grammatical writing skills correctly such as; subject–verb agreement adverbs, adjectives and nouns.
• Identify adjectives and prepositions.
• Write simple compound sentences correctly
• Present information in an appropriate format
• Use present, past and future tenses correctly.
Learners will complete an initial assessment to enable the tutor to decide which course is best for you.
The course is accredited by the English Speaking Board, there is an exam and a certificate of qualification at the end of the course.