Based on assessment
For eligible Hackney residents
What you'll learn
The course is on line, on zoom - moving into a Hackney venue, when it is safe to do so.
CLITESOLE2 - ESOL Entry 2 Full Mode
and Wednesday 10am - 12:30
Group Course Objectives. By the end of the course learners will be able to:
• Record personal details in a form correctly.
• Use upper- and lower-case letters correctly.
• Use different strategies for spelling.
• Identify the meaning of words and phrases in short straightforward text.
• Identify different purpose of text, such as instruct, describe, inform, persuade and inform.
• Identify common sources of information using yellow pages, newspaper articles and small ads.
• Sequence text and words chronological and alphabetical order
• Use punctuation correctly, which includes capital letters, full stop, question marks.
• Use grammatical writing skills correctly such as; subject–verb agreement adverbs, adjectives and nouns.
• Write simple compound sentences correctly
• Present information in an appropriate format
• Use present, past and future tenses correctly.
Learners will be contacted and assessed by the tutor to confirm which course is most suitable for them.
The course is accredited by the English Speaking Board, there is an exam and a certificate of qualification at the end of the course.