Based on assessment
For eligible Hackney residents
What you'll learn
CLITESOLEL1 - ESOL Level 1
Wednesday and Friday 9:30am - 12
Group Course Objectives. By the end of the course learners will be able to:
• Recognise different skills and strategies for reading complex texts, words and phrases.
• Use different strategies for spelling such as; dictionary work
• Identify the meaning of words and phrases in short straightforward text.
• Identify different purpose of text, such as; instruct, describe, inform, persuade and inform.
• Writing the process of planning using different techniques for example; drafting, mind mapping, spider diagram, notes and bullet points.
• Sequence text and words chronological and alphabetical order
• Use punctuation, which includes; capital letters, full stop, question mark & exclamation mark.
• Use grammatical writing skills correctly such as; subject–verb agreement and correct use of tenses
Use Language features to identify meaning in straight forward text
Your tutor will ask you to complete an initial assessment so they are able to confirm which course will be the best level for you.
The course is accredited by the English Speaking Board, there is an exam and a certificate of qualification at the end of the course.