For eligible Hackney residents
What you'll learn
This course is delivered one day face to face (Monday at Oldhill Children's Centre N16 6LR) and online Wednesday. You will need to have a laptop/computer with Microsoft Office installed and a secure internet connection.
The skills acquired through this qualification will enable learners to be digitally mobile and access important services, transact online and explore technologies, which will improve their social interactions with family and friends and work. This course will cover the basics of file management, Word and Excel.
The aims of the qualification are to enable learners:
1. To be confident in interacting with digital devices
2. To have a secure knowledge and understanding of essential digital skills and be able to apply them in work, life and further study
3. To know how to solve common technical problems
4. To be able to create, edit and store digital media
5. To be able to successfully share content and communicate effectively using a digital device
6. To manage online accounts and make informed choices when transacting online
7. To be proficient in maintaining privacy online and protect personal information
You will need to take an online initial assessment of your skills before joining this class to ensure you are at the right level.
Ascentis Level 1 Award in Essential Digital Skills for Work and Life: