At a glance
- £30,696 - £35,913 p/a
- Closing date
- Full Time
- Higher Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Arrange timelines and tasks for our recruitment services for employers, particularly the internship schemes, in consultation with the Internship Programmes Manager, so that these services are administered efficiently and deadlines are met.
- Approve, advertise and process internships and vacancies using our careers management system and other online platforms, and generate reports as required.
- Research potential employers from existing sources and use labour market knowledge to identify those who might advertise/offer internships and vacancies to UCL candidates, proactively contacting them and encouraging them to use our services.
- Provide information about opportunities within the schemes along with other internships and vacancies services to UCL students/graduates and researchers through various channels, such as email, social media and at events encouraging them to apply for relevant roles.
- Provide feedback to UCL candidates on the eligibility of their applications through our internship schemes and services, signposting them to relevant sources of advice and information.
- Write copy and promote our services to a wide range of recruiters, by telephone, email, online and in person, encouraging them to consider UCL candidates for their vacancies.
- Advise employers and other stakeholders about legal implications for using our schemes, advertising through UCL and filling vacancies, such as insurance, health and safety and national minimum wage.
- Write and modify documentation pertaining to internship schemes and vacancy services, such as terms of business, application forms and monitoring templates, in consultation with the Internship Programmes Manager.
- Gather feedback regarding our services from recruiters, students, graduates and researchers, analyse this information and suggest appropriate change, in consultation with the Internship Programmes Manager.
- Provide verbal and written reports about our internship schemes, and other internship and vacancy services as requested by the Internship Programmes Manager.
- Liaise with UCL Academic Departments and Professional Services to promote our schemes and other internship and vacancy services, encouraging them to advertise these services to students/graduates, and integrate them as part of their employability and student experience.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Internships and Vacancies Administrator to provide support to vacancies and employer queries.
- Attend UCL Careers meetings, and occasionally those of other groups such as The Careers Group, University of London.
- Other duties commensurate with the grade as directed by the Internships Programme Manager, Business Development Manager, or Director of UCL Careers.
- Follow and actively promote the UCL Ways of Working.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
- This job description may be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
- UCL is currently trialling hybrid working and the successful applicant may work remotely for up to 60% of the week if they wish.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Strong relationship building skills, with a track record of developing new business/projects.
Skills and abilities
- Experience of communicating with a range of audiences in both written and oral format.
- Excellent customer service skills, ideally developed in a commercial context.
- Good knowledge of IT including Microsoft Office, and experience of using software to manage recruitment, internships or placements.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise own workload and remain calm under pressure.
UCL Ways of Working
- Working methodically, prioristising and managing tasks.
- Being a collaborative member of your team.
- Responding to colleague, student and partner needs with the intention to provide an excellent service.
- Taking responsibility for your work.
- Innovating and sharing with new ways to work efficiently.
- Degree (or equivalent).
- Good graduate labour market knowledge.
- Experience of working in a higher education careers, placements or graduate recruitment context.
- Being comfortable working with digital tools for learning, communication (e.g. social media), and databases.
To view the full job description, please click here –> UCL – Internships & Vacancies Officer JD