At a glance
- Rushmore Primary School
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Rushmore Primary School
Rushmore is a friendly, caring and welcoming community school in a diverse and exciting part of Hackney. We believe in the power of partnership and community involvement to support learning for all. We do everything to ensure that all our children become confident, happy and creative learners, individuals and citizens and we will settle for nothing less. At
Rushmore School we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will welcome and receive visitors to the school, providing information as required face to face and via telephone/email (‘front of house’ duties) dealing with them diplomatically.
- Liaise with the School Business Manager & Admin staff relating to work to be undertaken by the office.
- Adhere to Rushmore’s cash handling procedures.
- General administration of school dinners, including collecting and recording dinner money.
- Organise the administration of new admissions and assist with arranging parental interviews and appeals.
- General word processing, distribution and dissemination of school correspondence (letters/newsletters/texts/emails etc.)
- Provide administrative support in organising safety procedures, including fire drills.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
- Administer & process pupil school absence requests following direction from Head Teacher.
- Assist the teachers in all aspects of her/his role, including contacting parents and pupils where necessary liaising with the teacher on outcomes
- Provide routine clerical support including, photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing and completing routine forms.
- Undertake typing, word processing and other IT-based tasks as required.
- Sort and distribute mail and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support differences and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as Required
- Good understanding and ability to use relevant technology; Computers, Photocopier, Keyboard and computer skills.
- General administrative work.
- Ability to relate well with children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and own position with these.
- Strong commitment to furthering equalities in both service delivery and employment practice.