At a glance
- The Adiaha Antigha Centre
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About The Adiaha Antigha Centre
The Adiaha Antigha Centre is an African Community School and a registered charity set up in 2000 to work with the most vulnerable African and Caribbean families inclusive of any other community in Hackney to support academic achievement, employability skills and provide holistic family services. In normal circumstances, we deliver Saturday supplementary education, cultural activities, summer holiday clubs, mentoring for 5 to 16 years old, accredited adult classes, family learning and parenting classes.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Support the Project Coordinator and Project Officer with organising meetings, ensuring that the team are organising their files, taking notes in meetings and publishing agreed on content to our websites.
- Providing user access to new service users
- Supporting administrative work where required
- Supporting the Project Officer with new adult and children registration on courses and assessments.
- Dealing with telephone and face to face enquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Ensuring that all messages are dealt with in a timely and accurate fashion and, where relevant, relayed to colleagues promptly
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- To maintain the security and safeguarding of the organisation by controlling access and ensuring the completion of relevant procedures ie. signing in, issuing identification badges
- Data entry, Updating manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Arranging and sending learners assessment results confirmations
- Chasing students for documentation
- Scanning, printing documents, student coursework and filing
- To undertake filing and photocopying as required
- Can prioritise workloads and work to deadline
- Are conscious of safeguarding and the need to promote the welfare of the pupils
- Basic admin and Microsoft skills are required for this role.
- Confident with Microsoft Office and the Google Suite
- You will also need to have a confident telephone manner and be happy dealing with people over the phone as well as face to face
- Must be hardworking, highly motivated, have the ability to be flexible and able to work in a safe manner
- You will be sociable, punctual, have the ability to work independently and have good customer service skills and be happy to help others.
In return, you will be offered a fun but hard-working environment and the chance to develop a career!