At a glance
- Hackney Co-operative Developments
- £10.85 per hour
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Hackney Co-operative Developments (HCD)
Hackney Co-operative Developments (HCD) is a local community economic development agency. HCD works within our local community to relieve poverty, advance education and overcome discrimination in society. We collaborate to explore
ideas and opportunities to create an inclusive economy and a sustainable environment for Hackney’s communities to flourish. We support the creation and growth of co-operatives and social enterprises; provide affordable workspaces to social and ethical organisations, and animate Gillett Square as a unique community-led public space in the heart of Dalston.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Gillett Square team, to enable the team to work efficiently with Gillett Square users, partners and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate weekly Gillett Squared team meetings and take minutes.
- Support the Gillett Square team to build connections that will directly engage people in the life of the square.
- Respond to routine enquiries (phone and e-mail), and ensure more complex issues are picked up and dealt with in a timely manner by the team.
- Monitor incoming posts.
- Assist with regular communications, including preparing and sending Mailchimp newsletter mailings and social media posts to promote the work and reach out to potential users.
- Assist with event planning – e.g. with drawing up event management plans and risk assessments, liaising with partners, responding to enquiries.
- Support the health, safety and safeguarding initiatives on Gillett Square and ensure risk assessments are completed for all activities.
- Support and contribute to the reporting, measurement and demonstration of the impact of the work.
- Ensure monitoring information is collected and collated for all activities.
- Participate in training and learning opportunities relevant to the work.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role that may be necessary to meet business needs.
- Basic administrative skills including Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Written communication skills; ability to communicate using plain English
- Experience of using social media platforms, and confidence using these appropriately for business.
- Numeracy and Excel skills.
- Well-organised and able to manage a busy workload under pressure. Willingness to work flexible hours including at weekends when required to meet work demands.
- Ability to work flexibly and enthusiastically within a team, while also being confident and able to manage your own workload and use your own initiative where appropriate.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people and groups from different backgrounds.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Passion, drive and resilience.
- Committed to the values and aims of the project.
- Experience of working in an office environment in an administrative role.
- Qualification in administrative skills.
- Experience in using Mailchimp.
- Experience of minute-taking.
- Passion for making change and creating a better world.
- Experience in working with community members to enable change.
- Experience in developing and supporting community activities and projects.
- Experience of writing funding applications and organising community events.
- Knowledge and experience of community building, community organising and/or community development practices.
- Diversity and equal opportunities training.
- Safeguarding adults training; understanding of Contextual Safeguarding.
- Statistical skills and experience of surveys.
- Qualification in customer services.
- Passion for learning and self-development.
- Hackney resident.
We do not expect any candidate to meet all of the desirable criteria; those you do have will strengthen your application.