At a glance
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Day-Mer was set up on 11 November 1989 to work with and on behalf of Turkish and Kurdish people living and working in London to help them solve their problems and promote their cultural, economic, social and democratic rights; to strengthen solidarity among themselves as well as local people.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Interpreting and explaining correspondence, helping to write letters, arranging appointments, completing forms, advocating on their behalf through written and phone communication and supporting them through their enquiries and issues.
- To support the activities the organisation runs to address longer-term needs of beneficiaries such as group workshops, befriending networks, social events, alongside structured consultations carried amongst the community and activities providing support to improve digital literacy and connectivity.
- Keeping records, collecting information, maintaining a database and collating monitoring data and producing reports.
- Has the ability to communicate in Turkish and English in written and oral form to a high level is desirable but applicants who can communicate in basic Turkish with or working towards English and Maths GCSEs will be considered.
- Will have experience of working within the community and/or advice settings is also desirable, as is a basic knowledge of the challenges faced by Turkish and Kurdish communities of London.
- The young person will be expected to be self-motivating and hardworking with a constructive, non-judgemental attitude and committed to providing services that meet the needs of marginalised communities.