At a glance
- United Living
- £22,000 per annum
- Closing date
- Up to 50 hours p/w
PURPOSE OF THE POST
To support and assist the Site Manager or designated manager in the delivery of our customers’ expectations. To assist the management and control of the activities on site to successfully complete the project in a safe manner, without waste, to the stipulated quality standards, within the contract period and to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, whilst developing sufficient knowledge and experience to progress.
- Under the guidance of the Site or Project Manager be responsible for all operational activity from start to finish and ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Learn and understand the United Way of working ensuring that the processes are complied with and adopted into your daily disciplines.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality and programme standards expected by the client are delivered as directed by the Site Manager.
- Work collaboratively with external and internal departments to ensure smooth running of the site and tasks are undertaken in line with the programme requirements.
- Review and monitor progress against programme addressing any shortcomings and issues as they arise in conjunction with the Site or Project Manager.
- Shadow the Site Manager to learn and understand the site management responsibilities and how they are fulfilled.
- Work closely with the commercial team to understand and be aware of the financial position of the contract and raise any issues or concerns as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the commercial team and Site Manager, ensure that records pertaining to requests for information, verbal instructions, delay and disruption are rigorously maintained to ensure the Company’s liabilities are protected.
- Assist in the development of a Considerate Constructor’s strategy and ensure full implementation.
- Ability to develop an understanding and gain full working knowledge of the relevant contract terms and conditions and the associated obligations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience within the construction industry would be desirable.
- 3 A-levels at minimum BCC grade.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at 9-4 (grade C or above) including Maths, English and ideally a Science.
- Any previous Level 4 related qualification or equivalent discipline.
- I.T literate particularly Microsoft Office and Excel and keen to extend knowledge on software packages.
- Ability to develop relationships with both internal and external customers through strong communication skills.
- Able to work within a team but also be self-motivated.
- A desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to develop operational and commercial awareness.
As a term of your employment you may be required to undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your general level of responsibility and ability within the organisation.
The location of this post is – London, N16 9JD.