At a glance
- The Dusty Knuckle Bakery
- £12 per hour
- Closing date
- Part Time
- Approx. 25 hours per week
ABOUT THE DUSTY KNUCKLE BAKERY
The Dusty Knuckle Bakery is a purpose driven business which operates busy cafes and restaurants, serving very high quality food and drinks whilst also distributing bread and pastry to other businesses. Whilst we consider our products at TDK to be some of the best in London, we are about much more than just baking and cooking. TDK runs a youth training programme. We provide work based mentorship/support, training, and employment opportunities to at risk youth, including those with offending histories. We believe in equipping trainees with the confidence, skills, personal accountability, and support network to develop productive, functional lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Kitchen porter assists the bakers to ensure the bakery is kept clean and tidy throughout the day. Washing up, cleaning and maintenance of equipment are essential in the upkeep of the the bakery in order to comply with health and hygiene regulations.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
- To clean all areas set on the jobs list, including weekly deep cleans of certain areas.
- To help with restocking and organising and deep cleaning the walk in fridge.
- Unloading all deliveries and putting away, ensuring stock is rotated.
- Keeping a close eye on cleaning products, notifying the Head Chef when stocks are low.
- To assist bakers with tasks when they are busy.
- To identify areas that need attention/cleaning and speak with Head Baker about adding onto lists.
What experience and personality traits do you need for this role?
You will be:
- Able to Listen to your colleagues and your managers, take action and make change. Take and give constructive criticism, and help your team by suggesting improvements and improving current systems.
- Diligence and organization. You will show commitment to your section, working hard to keep it clean and clear and taking pride in your area being always extremely organized.
- Energy and helpfulness. You will show a great level of energy when working and adapt your jobs according to what is most needed. Helping the chefs efficiently.
- Time-management. You will have a keen sense of time prioritization and task completion. Working with precision and speed so that all tasks are completed.
These roles are based in the Dalston, London branch.
To apply for this position please send your CV and COVER LETTER to Olayinka.Aremu@Hackney.gov.uk.
The Cover Letter should address the below points:
- Reason for why you want to join The Dusty Knuckle Bakery specifically.
- Explain the relevant skill set you have for the role.
- Why you are suitable for the role (based on the skills/abilities required for the job).
- What you can bring to the role and the company (The Dusty Knuckle Bakery).