At a glance
- Wentworth Nursery School & Children’s Centre
- £23,950.16 per annum
- Closing date
- Temporary (21 Months)
- Full Time (34 hours p/w)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- This is an Apprenticeship in Business Administration. The focus is on learning and developing practical experience, drawing on knowledge acquired through academic study and on the job training.
- To provide an efficient, informed, supportive, and respectful welcome to all visitors.
- To provide general clerical support at the children’s centre.
- To work as part of the Children’s Centre team to ensure that the Children’s Centre core purpose for Hackney families meets the needs of the community.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate operational office tasks, including opening and distributing mail (in both electronic and paper format); photocopying and scanning sensitive and confidential documents; supporting the reception and telephone duties.
- Interpret requests for information and solve routine problems, including receiving enquiries from service users and providing them with straight forward information. This will include email, telephone and face to face contact.
- Maintenance of registration systems to ensure data is correctly inputted and contribute to reports as requested by the centre manager.
- Data analysis and the maintenance of accurate and complete records using the Trust’s databases, including data entry; producing reports in agreed formats – spreadsheets/tables/ charts. Data retrieval at the request of appropriate colleagues.
- Undertake projects as directed, including research and information gathering by phone, letter, email or in person. Assisting in the production of presentations and publicity, monitoring activities to ensure the project is delivered on time.
- Coordinate the advertisement of services, ensuring information is always up to date.
- Actively participate at events as directed, including assisting with room bookings, and setting up the venues, greeting participants; problem solving.
- Coordinate orders of consumables and resources as directed.
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Wentworth’s and Hackney Education’s policy, organisation and arrangements for Health and Safety at Work.
- The postholder should contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the organisation.
- To ensure that the aims and objectives for the operation of the reception/office are met to the required standard.
- It is the post holder’s responsibility to carry out your duties in line with Hackney Education’s policy on Equality and Diversity and be sensitive and caring to the needs of others, promoting a positive approach to a harmonious working environment.
- G.C.S.E. or equivalent English and Maths qualifications.
- Committed towards completing a NVQ Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
- Comes in on time and delivers projects on time.
- Attention to detail.
- Manages a range of tasks at once and prioritises sensibly.
- Communicates clearly verbally and in writing.
- Analytical: Draws conclusions that are sensible given the information available.
- Consider problems carefully and offer creative solutions.
- An understanding of the diversity of Hackney as a borough.
- Basic understanding of the role of a Local Education Authority and of the Council.
- Computer literate and familiar with main the office packages.
- Aware of the strengths of others and works to meet the needs of the group as a whole.
- Understands graphs and charts.
- Information management systems and the associated legislation surrounding them (Data protection).
- Passionate: Believes in the work of the Hackney Education and the Council. Wants to make a difference to the borough and its people.
- Adaptable and flexible: Embraces change; and adapts successfully to changing situations & environments. Can learn from things that don’t go well and adapt. Willingness to try new things and new ways of doing things.
- Honesty and Integrity: although an integral part of all positions, this role involves a high level of transparency and the ability to work to high ethical standards/ strict financial regulations.
- Hardworking, motivated, and resilient.
Contract length of the apprenticeship – 21 months fixed term contract, all year round (centre closed last two weeks of August and over the festive season end of December, when all staff take A/L).
Working pattern of the post: 34 hours working week; 28 hours of practical work and 6 hours study time (approx. 20% of total placement time per week).
There will be a mandatory half a day work trial upon successful interview.
To see the full job description, please click here –> Wentworth Nursery School & Children’s Centre – Business Administration Apprentice JD