At a glance
- £25,000 Pro rata
- Closing date
- Part Time
Salary grade: (25,000) Pro rata
Responsible to: Head of Vocational Training
Term: Cover (Could Lead To Permanent)
Hours: Part-time (3 days per week, 0.6 FTE)
Responsibilities of the post
- Provide ‘good quality, impartial careers guidance that helps learners to progress, empowers learners to plan and manage their own futures, responds to the needs of each individual, provides comprehensive information and advice, raises aspirations and actively promotes equality promotes equality of opportunity and challenges stereotypes’.
- To interview students on a 1:1 basis or in small groups as appropriate and ensure students have a transition and action plan accordingly.
- To prioritize 1:1 interventions for vulnerable students.
- To provide information, advice, guidance and signposting to specialist agencies about a range of issues, such as careers, education, employment and training, housing and money.
- To research careers, options pathways and support organizations to meet learner needs.
- To run small group sessions or larger presentations on all aspects of careers guidance and topics related to personal development.
- To liaise and negotiate with other organizations,with and on behalf of learners.
- To work with families and carers to access and facilitate the learners wider support network.
- To use, and where appropriate, establish IT systems for administrative tasks, such as recording interactions with and tracking clients.
For more information see job description – JD Career Adviser