At a glance
- Rushmore Primary School
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Rushmore Primary School
Rushmore is a friendly, caring and welcoming community school in a diverse and exciting part of Hackney. We believe in the power of partnership and community involvement to support learning for all. We do everything to ensure that all our children become confident, happy and creative learners, individuals and citizens and we will settle for nothing less. At
Rushmore School we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people.
- Deal with enquiries from staff and pupils.
- Occasional watering of plants.
- Check daily emergency exits and entrances are not obstructed.
- Report acts of vandalism to the Caretaker and Head Teacher.
- Carry out internal mail courier duties as required by the Head Teacher / School Business Manager.
- General site supervision, including prevention of trespass, ensuring that unauthorised parking does not occur, in conjunction with the Head Teacher, ensuring the safe use of the school site at all times.
- Maintain stock levels as required including ordering and receipt of supplies.
- Reading, recording and reporting all meter readings as required.
- Cleaning sickness and spillages as required.
- Ensure access, assist and secure premises for all emergency services as necessary.
- Reporting all defects to Caretaker.
- Visually inspect electrical fittings and report defects as required.
- Regularly inspect all plumbing and report defects as appropriate.
- Synchronise all clock, time switches, etc as required.
- Undertake minor repairs to fixtures and fittings including desks, tables and chairs as appropriate (excluding electrical equipment).
- Subject to the requirements of Health and Safety and the use of proper equipment, touch up decoration on any area agreed as reasonable with the Caretaker.
- Receive and move supplies to various parts of the building as appropriate.
- Remove or obscure all graffiti as required by the Caretaker.
- To maintain cleanliness and general tidiness of all external areas, and empty litter bins daily.
- Clean and clear all drains, gullies and ensure effective and healthy operation.
- Inspect the outside fabric of the school and report defects as appropriate.
- Inspect all fences, gates, walls, steps, lights etc, report defects as appropriate.
- Clear leaves, snow, ice, moss and debris as appropriate including treatment of surfaces with salt, etc.
- Inspect all outside areas for hazardous materials. Consult with Caretaker for the best method of removal.
- Maintenance of school gardens in consultation with school gardener.
- Experience with relevant cleaning materials/methods & appliances.
- An understanding of basic health & safety requirements.
- D.I.Y. skills to undertake day to day repairs and maintenance of buildings.
- Ability to manage own time effectively and demonstrate initiative including establishing priorities within own workload.
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post, including lifting, carrying and pushing various equipment to undertake the duties of the post.
- Ability to carry out a range of administrative tasks, including stock-taking.
- Display a conscientious and logical approach to the variety of tasks necessary for the smooth running of the school.