At a glance
- Staffordshire University London
- £24,405 to £27,444
- Closing date
- Full Time
Who is Staffordshire University?
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becoming the UK’s foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London’s Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our University, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets us apart, it’s our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society.
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a Gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
As we seek to grow our business operations we have identified the need for an ambitions and dedicated Catering Supervisor to help support the campus operations team with the day to day running of the student café, and the provision of catering for internal and external events.
With a commitment to higher education, widening participation, social mobility and raising aspirations, our new Catering Supervisor will have an attention to detail mindset and be able to multitask a variety of competing needs in an efficient and proactive manner.
Already well-versed and experienced in working in fast-paced environments, the post holder will be required to liaise with the Catering central team based in Stoke on Trent and with their guidance develop and delivery a high quality hospitality service and be able to contribute innovative ideas that have impact on our students experience by increasing student satisfaction.
Primary duties will focus on
- Lead, manage, motivate, train and develop the small team of catering and hospitality Staffordshire University London to achieve excellent operational standards and customer service.
- Serving of meals to customers to the required standard set by the client
- Ensure that the café and service areas are clean and tidy
- Ensure all food and health and safety regulations are followed
- Undertake accurate and timely stock taking, reconciliation of money and invoices
- Usage of internal software for recording accounts
- Manage workloads of yourself and staff
- Prepare staff rota’s
- A flexible attitude to tailored delivery on campus, is essential.
This is an exciting time to join our London campus team and we are particularly interested in receiving applications from candidates who have a desire to thrive and develop both personally and professionally.
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 32 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.