At a glance
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Day-Mer was set up on 11 November 1989 to work with and on behalf of Turkish and Kurdish people living and working in London to help them solve their problems and promote their cultural, economic, social and democratic rights; to strengthen solidarity among themselves as well as local people.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- This role involves providing support to a charity providing a range of services to the Turkish, Kurdish and Turkish Cypriot community to maintain, manage and develop its communications with this target group.
- You will work closely with the staff and management team to ensure communications are influential, informative
and engaging for the full range of our stakeholders.
- You will contribute to the management and upkeep of Day-Mer ICT systems including maintaining its emails contacts database and will provide digital, editorial, creative and operational support across the charity’s work.
- The role will be a combination of face-to-face and virtual working; this will be discussed during the interview stage.
- The ability to communicate in Turkish and English in written and oral form to a high level is desirable but applicants who can communicate in basic Turkish with or working towards English and Maths GCSEs will be considered.
- Background in ICT, digital media or journalism is desirable but not necessary.
- Experience of working within the community and/or advice settings is also desirable as is a basic knowledge of the challenges faced by Turkish and Kurdish communities of London.
- The young person will be expected to be self-motivating and hardworking with a constructive, non-judgemental attitude and committed to providing services that meet the needs of marginalised communities.