At a glance
- Museum of the Home
- Up to £30,000 per year
- Closing date
- 35 hours per week, Monday
- Arts & Culture
Are you passionate about proper community engagement and co-curation? Join us as we reopen the Museum of the Home with a new vision and artistic strategy to embed our communities into the heart of what we do.
The main tasks will be to:
- Engage and communicate with existing community partners in Hackney and East London and to also identify partners who are new to the Museum nationally and internationally
- Commission artistic content that has a presence in the Museum of the Home’s gallery and performance spaces and also out in the community
- Use the Museum of the Home’s collection as inspiration for the development of creative learning, artistic projects and commissioning briefs
- Create an events programme to engage audiences in themes that are crowdsourced and co-curated by the community
- Create ‘space’ for the community voice in all aspects of the creative programme
With direct experience of working with people from Vietnam and diaspora communities, you will be passionate about participation and representation within cultural organisations and programmes. You will value the process of co-curation and breaking down barriers to ensure that every story is told and that everyone feels welcome.
You will be able to show you can:
- Engage diverse audiences and work positively in communities
- Work collaboratively with colleagues
- Embed participation in your programming and creative projects
- Build partnerships with artists and thought leaders to support the development of this new strand of work
- Understand the relevance and importance of collections and archives
As part of our commitment to safe recruitment job offers are conditional upon DBS clearance if appropriate for the role.