At a glance
- Rushmore Primary School
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Rushmore Primary School
Rushmore is a friendly, caring and welcoming community school in a diverse and exciting part of Hackney. We believe in the power of partnership and community involvement to support learning for all. We do everything to ensure that all our children become confident, happy and creative learners, individuals and citizens and we will settle for nothing less. At
Rushmore School we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people.
The main duties and responsibilities will consist of:
- Working under the guidance of the class teacher and colleagues, in order to support and extend the children’s learning.
- Prepare the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement and resources.
- Valuing and displaying children’s work. Take responsibility for a small group of children for varying types of activity, under the direction of the teacher.
- Encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Observe children’s activities and learn how to contribute to their written records.
- Work in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences and ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential.
- Maintain respectful and genuine interaction with children using warm and responsive communication strategies, which are appropriate to children’s needs.
- Be supportive and welcoming to parents, recognising the expert knowledge they have of their children and encourage and value their involvement.
- We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for early education and making a difference in children’s lives.
- Someone with a positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- The successful candidate needs to be proactive and able to use their initiative.
- Someone with high energy and a solutions-based approach to problems.
- Experience working with young children is desired, but not essential.
- The successful candidate would need to have a high standard of written and spoken English