At a glance
- East Wick Kids
- £11.05 - £14.00 p/h (DOE)
- Closing date
- Full Time & Part Time
ABOUT EAST WICK KIDS
We are a family-run business with real ambitions and very high expectations for children to learn and achieve their BEST. We are inclusive of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and families of different backgrounds. We strongly believe in outdoor learning which is our top consideration in our unique curriculum.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
In this role, you’ll contribute to our mission to give children a healthy start in their life, equipping them with the support, knowledge and nurturing their needs to thrive, whilst leaving a lasting positive impact.
We are looking to employ 15 experienced Early Years Educators with Level 3 or above to join our brand-new nursery to build a friendly, caring, enthusiastic and dedicated team of childcare professionals. To fill all the rooms, we are also looking for Nursery Assistants with Level 2 or without with the possibility to gain Level 3 Early Years Educators qualification while working with us.
In the role of Early Years Educator, you’ll be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating a curriculum appropriate to the age group and individual needs of the child, ensuring room layout and organisation supporting these aims and meeting the requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising the children and keep our active, flexible nursery environment safe and suited to their needs.
- Giving children a wide range of stimulating, safe and well-planned activities indoors and outdoors every day.
- Creating engaging, fun and informative learning opportunities, helping the children make excellent progress and meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Building solid relationships with parents / carers, families and professionals involved with the children.
- Meeting each of the children’s individual needs, keeping accurate records and regularly communicating with parents / carers.
- Having a positive attitude, making every day count for the children in our care.
- Adhering to our Policies & Procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of all children, parents and colleagues.
Our successful candidates will have an enthusiastic and proactive mindset with a positive attitude and a passion for childcare. Our Job Description for the Early Years Educator outlines the requirements of the role, we’re ideally looking for someone who has:
- Full & Relevant* Level 3 or above in Early Years and childcare qualification e.g., NNEB, CACHE, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education.
- A thorough knowledge of children’s developmental needs from 0 to 5 years.
- Experience working and/or leading in an early year setting.
- Strong planning, observation and reflection of children and their learning.
- Effective communication skills across multiple age groups.
- Strong understanding in Safeguarding and Welfare requirements.
- Enhanced DBS.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate / Montessori qualified / Forest School Lead would be advantageous.
To view the full job description, please click here –> Early Years Educators & Nursery Assistants JD