At a glance
- Comet Nursery School and Children's Centre
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Comet Nursery School and Children’s Centre
- To work with the lead practitioner to plan and carry out care, play and learning programmes for children in the children’s centre.
- To provide a comfortable, safe, stimulating and aesthetically pleasing environment that provides consideration of families ethnic, cultural and linguistic background and consideration for children’s gender.
- To work alongside parents in a supportive manner and communicate with professionalism.
- To develop a good knowledge and understanding of local resources and services and assist parents/carers in accessing them.
- To keep monitoring records of work and adhere to confidentiality, information sharing and monitoring protocols.
- To attend supervision sessions and team meetings when required.
- To keep up to date with current thinking by attending courses, reading documents etc as required to fulfil the role.
- To promote and adhere to Comet’s Equal Opportunities and Inclusion policies.
- To undertake other duties as required by the Extended Services Lead or Headteacher.
- The trainee will be working out of the Thomas Fairchild Children’s Centre on Forston Street, London N1 7HA.
- Ability to effectively communicate using a range of methods verbal & non-verbal.
- Ability to develop reflective practice.
- Ability and commitment to work purposefully and collaboratively as a member of the centre team and with visiting professionals.
- Willingness to undertake training when required.
- Commitment to Comet Nursery School and Children’s Centre’s Aims and Values.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities for users and staff and anti-discriminatory practices.