At a glance
- Quantum Motion
- £25-30 k
- Closing date
- 37.5 hrs
Quantum Motion is a fast-growing quantum computing start-up based in London. We are developing quantum processors based on industrial-grade silicon chips, with the potential to radically transform computing power in areas such as materials modelling, medicine, artificial intelligence and more. We have recently moved into a new office in Islington with state of the art cryogenic facilities and have an outstanding interdisciplinary team spanning quantum physics to IC design.
We bring together the brightest quantum engineers, integrated circuit (IC) engineers and quantum computing theoreticians to create a unique, world-leading team, working together closely to maximise our combined expertise. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary culture is an ideal fit for anyone who thrives in a cutting-edge research and development environment focused on tackling big challenges and contributing to the development of scalable quantum computers based on silicon technology.
Our team of 30+ is based in Oxford and London: the majority of our experimental work is carried out in London and this is where we are expanding our operation, recently opening a new lab in Islington.
The Role & Team
The primary function of this position will be to support the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment and resources in our labs, including micro soldering and PCB development, reporting to our Laboratory Manager. The goal of the team is to ensure smooth running of the labs and ensuring our health and safety compliance are up-to-date. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be an early employee at a start-up shaping the future of quantum computing, and in particular to form a new team within the company. There are vast opportunities for professional growth and to make an impact within the company. As an Electronics Technician, the position will suit someone with great attention to detail, excellent soldering skills and a positive attitude who can be flexible to help the wider team meet our goal of building a quantum processor. You will be keen to learn and add skills as you grow in the role.
Functions of the Role
· Undertake construction, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment and resources, including micro soldering and PCB development.
· To support the management of the company’s electrical and electronic labs.
· Liaise with suppliers and contractors on the servicing, repair and testing of electronics equipment
· Maintain an inventory of equipment and up to date wiring diagrams for bespoke equipment.
· Maintain up to date records of maintenance and testing of electronics equipment
· Assist with the sourcing of materials, consumables and equipment.
· Health and Safety
· To ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety requirements whilst undertaking duties
· To support the development of laboratory procedures and ensure users aretrained in those procedures.
· BTech in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Good soldering and general electronics skills
Desirable (Nice To Haves)
· Experience with micro soldering and PCB development
· Be part of a creative, world-leading team
· Competitive salary and share options scheme
· Contributory pension scheme
· Choose your own laptop/kit
· Life Assurance
· Cycle-to-work Scheme
· Flexible working
· Central London location
· EEO / D&I Statement
There will be two rounds of interview. The first round will be a short virtual interview. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to the site for a short soldering task and in-person interview.
Please email Dalal to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org