At a glance
- Immediate Theatre
- £29,544 per year
- Closing date
- Fixed Term, 13 Months
- 35 hours per week
About Immediate Theatre
We work with young people and communities in Hackney and East London to ensure access for all to arts activities that break down barriers and engage people in debate. Immediate Theatre’s vision is for a society where questioning, articulate and motivated people create and collaborate to build thriving communities.
The Employer Engagement Officer will support the Employment Training Manager by identifying potential employment opportunities, proactively building relationships with employers and enabling participants to progress in their employment pathways. The role will involve:
- Leading on the strategic development of Immediate Theatre’s engagement with employers
- Engaging with potential employers and seeking opportunities for employment and work placements
- Representing the company with appropriate partners
- Supporting participants through the group and 1-2-1 working to write CVs, identify jobs, complete applications and build confidence and develop techniques for interviews
- Supporting outreach in schools and with youth sector partners
- Contributing to monitoring and reporting processes and keeping a record of work achieved
Working hours are flexible to meet the needs of the project but may include evenings and occasional weekends. This is currently a fixed-term post for 13 months with the potential to extend.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of engaging with employers and supporting people into employment, particularly young people aged between 16-25 and people with low levels of experience and qualifications.
- A track record of engaging with employers
- A track record of supporting people into employment, particularly under 25s
- Knowledge of the local labour market
- Experience of working with people with low levels of experience and qualification
- An appreciation of the role the arts have to play in helping people to become job ready
- Self-motivated with great attention to detail
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Competent Microsoft Office user
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of and commitment to Equal Opportunities and understanding of the challenges faced by people from ethnically diverse backgrounds.
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for community arts practice
- Experience of working with theatre, film and media
- Understanding of digital and tech industry jobs
- Knowledge of Hackney and the East London area
- Experience of working with clients with additional needs