At a glance
- Shoreditch Town Hall
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Shoreditch Town Hall
Welcoming over 70,000 people through our doors every year, Shoreditch Town Hall is a leading independent cultural, live events and community space housed in one of the grandest former civic buildings in the capital. Comprising over 48,000 square feet across 70 individual rooms, the Grade II listed Town Hall is the largest multi-artform venue in Hackney and more in use than at any other point in its recent history.
- The Events Assistant supports the Head of Venue & Events, Events Manager and Operations & Hospitality Manager to increase revenue for the Town Hall through event hires, ensuring that the enquiry, administrative and delivery processes for events are handled efficiently and effectively so that all event hirers have the best possible experience at Shoreditch Town Hall.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn how to plan and deliver the Town Hall’s live and digital commercial and cultural programme of events and to carry out effective research as necessary.
- This role will be based at Shoreditch Town Hall.
- A passion for the arts, commercial events and the local community
- A positive attitude to work, friendly, motivated and proactive
- Ability to follow instructions and work to deadlines, but also to take own initiative as needed
- Polite and confident manner and an ability to deal with a wide range of people
- Some experience in event planning/delivery would be advantageous
- Some experience working on live events
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent IT skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word