At a glance
- Starting from £11 p/h
- Closing date
- Full Time
- Performing setup and clean up tasks on site.
- Operating heavy machinery, such as excavators and dumper trucks.
- Digging pits, trenches and foundations.
- Putting up panels to hold concrete in place.
- Laying kerbs and paving and resurfacing roads.
- Directing traffic when necessary to ensure the safety of pedestrians.
- Climbing to heights and conducting work while properly using safety restraints.
- Providing general maintenance of construction equipment.
- Help equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labour when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to do physical labour and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general Labourer in the construction industry.
To see the full job description, please click here – GHR – General Labourer JD