At a glance
- City Cruises UK
- £10.65 per hour
- Closing date
- Temporary (6 Months+)
- Full Time (& a few PT)
THERE WILL BE A RECRUITMENT DAY FOR INTERVIEWS TO BE CARRIED OUT ON THE 22ND MARCH 2023. THE INTERVIEW TIME SLOTS AVAILABLE ARE 10AM, 11AM, 1PM AND 2PM. Please inform of your preferred interview time slot when you are contacted by a member of the team.
City Cruises UK is part of the City Experiences division of the Hornblower Group, a global leader in world-class experiences and transportation services. We operate public dining and sightseeing cruises as well as private charters for corporate events, birthday parties, weddings, or other special occasions across London, Poole and York. Operating as the first point of contact for our visitors, the Guest Experience Assistant – Pier Crew supports us in our mission to create amazing experiences for our guests by delivering a professional, polite and proactive service at the Ticket offices and across the Piers. As a member of the Pier Crew, you will rotate between working as a sales agent in our ticket office, managing passenger flow and assisting guests with boarding and disembarking of our vessels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in our RESPECT service system
- Ensure that the highest level of customer care is shown at all times to ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for all our passengers.
- Process pre booked Voucher and Trade customers accurately and efficiently at the ticket office.
- Deliver clear and effective Communication to customers in regards to service delays or cancellations.
- Troubleshoot discrepancies with customers’ tickets / boarding information.
- Responding to customer queries using your knowledge of London, its attractions and City Cruises products.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements in accordance with the company’s Safety Management System (SMS), ensuring the safety of passengers is protected at all times.
- Participate in routine safety drills to prepare for major incidents.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas.
- Manage visitor flow, especially when large groups of passengers are on-board the vessel.
- Work as part of the Pier team to ensure that Daily Revenue Targets are met by selling a variety of tickets for our local Sightseeing, Attractions and Dining products.
- Actively promote our local and global products and services.
- Strive to meet daily targets through a proactive and planned approach, actively promoting on-board/ticket promotions as appropriate.
- To account for all cash handling and credit card payments accurately and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Completion of all pre-departure forms and checklists.
- Full completion of all daily forms and logs.
- Support with the delivery of Special Events.
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards.
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required.
- Be an Ambassador for our RESPECT Service System.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in a guest services/customer facing role within the visitor attraction/hospitality industry.
- Previous experience of providing an “At Seat” service with a willingness to proactively approach guests.
- Customer Service orientated – Actively looks for ways to promote our business and enhance the guests’ experience.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team to achieve on-board sales/revenue targets.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers.
- Demonstrable experience in upselling and cross-selling multiple products and services.
- Flexible “can do” approach with the ability to stay calm and work well under pressure.
- Intermediate level Maths and English language skills (minimum A-C at GCSE level or equivalent).
- Available to work shift patterns covering Monday to Sunday and inclusive of public/bank holiday and some evenings to assist with special events.
- Able to work for extended periods of time without sitting.
- Post holders will be required to serve alcohol and must therefore be over 18.
- Experience with POS systems, apps and software highly desirable.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- Relevant industry/customer service related qualifications.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures and/or first aid qualified.
Most of the positions are full time, but there are 2 part time vacancies for Pier Crew staff; applicants will need to be available 3 full days during the week.
To see the full job description, please click here –> City Cruises UK – Guest Experience Assistant (Pier Crew) JD