At a glance
- Polytechnic Works
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Polytechnic Works
Polytechnic is an independent graphic design, research and communication studio based in London. Working across design, art direction and creative strategy, our outputs range from comprehensive branding and visual identity systems to individual artists’ publications and online platforms.
The studio develops relationships with clients in the commercial, cultural and public sectors, collaborating with companies, individuals, organisations and institutions.
We are looking to engage a creative, organised and highly motivated Junior Graphic Designer to support in the day-to-day
design research, production, administration, development and delivery of a dynamic mix of print and digital projects.
The post-holder will work across projects concerning:
- Brand identity
- Website design
- Exhibition and publication design.
- The studio will provide training and supervision to develop the successful candidate’s knowledge and experience of graphic design, typography, typesetting, brief research and development, visual analysis and user experience design; in addition to software skills for Adobe Creative Suite and Figma.
- The successful candidate will share a curiosity and fascination for contemporary visual culture.
- They will need to demonstrate an aptitude for graphic design and visual communication.
- It is also essential that they are a team player with independent motivation and problem-solving abilities.
- Relevant qualifications combined with some graphic design experience, or demonstrable experience of working in a graphic design studio on live projects are desirable but not essential criteria.
- We encourage candidates to include details of their software skills and a short personal statement highlighting their interests and aptitudes as part of their application.