At a glance
- Hackney based employers
- £8.72 per hour
- Closing date
- Fixed Term
- 25 hours per week
The Kickstart scheme offers a paid job with a local employer, for young people (16-24) on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment.
What you’ll get:
- Six months paid work experience and an up-to-date reference – helping you to demonstrate your employability and reliability to future employers
- Support and training before and during your kickstart job, and help to plan your next steps and move into a job, apprenticeship, or further training
- The chance to work out if a sector is right for you, and to get a feel for what it’s really like.
- Enrolled on or willing to enroll on Universal Credit
Read more about Universal Credit here.
- Hackney residents aged 16 – 24
- Non-residents aged 16 – 24 who studied at or are studying at a Hackney school, college or training provider
- Non-residents aged 16-24 who are receiving (or have previously received) Hackney Leaving Care services
The Scheme is managed by the government through Job Centre Plus (JCP). The Council is working with local employers and JCP to create Kickstart jobs as well as supporting young people in their application, preparation for placements, and planning of progression routes following the scheme.
This Expression of Interest (EOI) will provide us with your details in order to direct you to the appropriate Council coordinated support which includes:
- Help to work out if you’re eligible for Universal Credit, and to make a claim
- Advice and training to help you prepare for your kickstart placement
- In-work support, training, and advice to boost your chances of getting a job or apprenticeship when your kickstart placement ends
When you are receiving Universal Credit and have a Job Coach, they can discuss the kickstart scheme with you and put you forward for placements.