At a glance
- £10.85 per hour
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
We are a small local business that wants to change the way people buy their weekly groceries in East London, and help make a positive impact on our environment. In our own lives, we made it a priority to find package-free, sustainable local shops to support. We were tired of all the waste, and mass produced products, we wanted a fresh baguette or bulk options of pasta. We ventured all over Hackney finding the best options for us personally and through this journey built relationships with all our local businesses who shared the same values as us.
- You’ll support this by using our cargo bike to collect superb quality products from our wonderful suppliers, then delivering the orders with a ‘best in class’ delivery experience to our customers.
- Using our bespoke driver app you’ll undertake collections and deliveries smoothly.
- Customer Service is paramount to Zirro and you will be the face of Zirro and provide exceptional customer service.
- You’ll pick and pack customer orders in our logistics hub, often within a cold room.
- You will be the voice of quality control, advocating for or being the eyes of our customers and ensuring all products delivered to our customers are in perfect condition.
- You’ll oversee inventory management of stocked products, and seek opportunities for process improvements and implementing change.
- We are looking for someone who enjoys dealing with people, as a large part of the role involves dealing with suppliers and customers.
- Has a passion for sustainability & its local community.
- Loves good food, because our customers love tasty, good quality food and we’d love for you to be able to chat to them with genuine enthusiasm about our products.
- Has common sense, whilst we have robust processes in place, there will be times you’ll be required to think on your feet and make a quick decision to resolve an issue in the best way.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Is confident with technology.
- It would be great (but not essential) if you have previous experience of cycling a cargo bike (but you must be able to ride a bike), dealing with customers/ members of the public, or working with food.