At a glance
- Hackney Council(Matrix-CDL)
- £12.59p p/h
- Closing date
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the service.
- To comply at all times with all driving and transport regulations and standards set for the service.
- To adhere to safe working practices and operating requirements, including operation of equipment, handling techniques and passage of clients some of whom have physical and or learning disabilities.
- To carry out appropriate vehicle checks; reporting faults to the manager, and be responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of the vehicle.
- To carry out guide/escort duties as necessary when escort not available.
- To use aids as appropriate to personally assist clients with physical and/or learning disabilities and to load and unload goods and equipment.
- To follow scheduled pickup and delivery points and notify office control of problems relating
to delays or issues that occur on the journey if they arise.
- To complete appropriate records.
- To check the vehicle and its equipment daily for roadworthiness and operational fitness.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of all passengers and crew.
- To model the behaviours and the attitudes expected, as set out in the Code of Conduct, Core Values and Organisational beliefs.
- To assist in the loading and unloading of goods and equipment in/on the vehicle and ensure the loads are secured and protected by the appropriate means for the safe transit when directed.
DBS Required – Yes
Closing Date: Ongoing
Start Date: TBC – End Date: TBC
Start Time: 9am – 5.30pm
For more information see job description – PCV Driver (SEND)