At a glance
- £8.00 per hour
- Closing date
- Freelance, 6 months
- 3-9 hours per week
This opportunity is for young people who want to find out more about the creative industries and push their career forward but have not already had the experience or resources to know where to start.
PEER are currently recruiting three Ambassadors to join the six-month programme for 17-25-year-olds who live or study locally, where they are employed as paid gallery assistants.
As well as being employed, the Ambassadors benefit from free activities such as artist studio visits, visiting exhibitions, and workshops. You will also have the opportunity to work directly with an artist through a series of workshops and support the artist to make artwork that will be shown in the community.
What Being a PEER Ambassador Means
- Promoting exhibitions to local people and engaging with gallery audiences
- Flexible freelance paid gallery assistance experience
- Learn more about the art world and contemporary galleries
- Free art activities
- Working with an artist
- Studio visits
- Exhibition visits
- Artist workshops
- Artists talks
- Meet like-minded creatives
- Training on how to talk to visitors
- Customer-facing experience
- And much more!
How to Apply
1. Why you would like to be a part of the programme
2. What skills you hope to learn
3. What skills you can bringPlease email expressions of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org by WED 12 MAY, 6pm. Please note, you do not need to send a CV and this will not be reviewed as part of your application.