At a glance
- Hackney Co-operative Developments
- £10.85 per hour
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Hackney Co-operative Developments (HCD)
Hackney Co-operative Developments (HCD) is a local community economic development agency. HCD works within our local community to relieve poverty, advance education and overcome discrimination in society. We collaborate to explore
ideas and opportunities to create an inclusive economy and a sustainable environment for Hackney’s communities to flourish. We support the creation and growth of co-operatives and social enterprises; provide affordable workspaces to social and ethical organisations, and animate Gillett Square as a unique community-led public space in the heart of Dalston.
- Ensure that the Pop-up playground is provided at regular times on regular days by taking out the play equipment and ensuring it is all safely put away again after each session.
- Help the Gillett Square 2 team to build connections that will directly engage people in the life of the square.
- Talk to square users with a view to engaging them in positive activities and recruiting them as volunteers.
- Help to recruit Playground Volunteers from within the local community – this can include parents, young and older people, playworkers, trainee playworkers, residents and businesses, and other members of the community.
- Ensure adherence to safeguarding and health & safety policies.
- With the team, ensure the pop-up playground sessions are promoted clearly; widely.
- Collect documentation, data & feedback on the use of the playground, to contribute to the overall monitoring and impact measurement of the Gillett Squared project.
- There will also be an opportunity to connect with & participate in other activities in the GS2 project, particularly community organising training.
- Participate in training and learning opportunities relevant to the work.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role that may be necessary to meet business needs.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including at weekends when required to meet work demands.
- Willing and able to lift and carry heavy pieces of play equipment in and out of storage: Manual handling of equipment is a necessary part of the role.
- Possess people skills and listening skills. Empathy and compassion.
- Reliable time-keeping.
- Good organisation skills, prepared to participate as well as organise others, will lead by example.
- Ability to work flexibly and enthusiastically within a team, while also being confident and able to manage own workload and use own initiative where appropriate.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people from different backgrounds and all ages.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Interested in contributing to community-building and cohesion in Gillett Square.
- Passion, drive and resilience.
- Committed to the values and aims of the project.
- Willingness to provide an enhanced DBS check.
- First aid qualification.
- Qualification in playwork, community organising or community development.
- Experience in dynamic risk assessment.
- Diversity and equal opportunities training.
- Safeguarding adults training; understanding of Contextual Safeguarding.
- Training and/or experience in volunteer management.
- Knowledge and experience of community building, community organising and/or community development practices.
- Passion for making change and creating a better world.
- Experience in working with community members to enable change.
- Experience in developing and supporting community activities and projects.
- Experience in organising community events.
- Experience in compiling monitoring information and reports.
- Qualification in customer services.
- Passion for learning and self-development.
- Hackney resident.
We do not expect any candidate to meet all of the desirable criteria; those you do have will strengthen your application.