At a glance
- Metropolitan Police
- £30,000 per year
- Closing date
- Apprenticeship, Metropolitan Police
Do the job that prepares and empowers you to take on the unique challenges of policing London.
Embark on an interesting and rewarding career at the Met with our new Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) and earn a competitive salary, while studying towards a fully funded degree. Open to non-degree holders, this three-year apprenticeship programme provides you with the opportunity to learn as you earn and achieve a BSc (Hons) degree in Professional Policing Practice on successful completion. You’ll be employed as an officer from day one, making a difference to London’s communities while being fully supported in applying your learning practically on the Job. This programme will be delivered in partnership with several London universities (Brunel University London, the University of West London, Anglia Ruskin University and the University of East London).
- You’ll begin your three year programme at one of four universities; Brunel University, the University of West London, Anglia Ruskin University and the University of East London.
- You’ll be a paid officer from day one of training, working alongside experienced officers in an operational role practically applying your learning throughout.
- You’ll gain skills and knowledge in areas such as public protection, safeguarding, crime investigation, community policing, problem solving as well as officer safety.
- You’ll complete a research project in your chosen specialist area focused on a real practical policing problem.
- All while working towards a fully-funded BSc (Hons) degree in Professional Policing Practice.
Do the job that comes with great rewards.
- Earn whilst you learn. You’ll start with a salary package of circa £30,000 (including allowances). Your salary increases annually in line with your length of service and you can expect to earn up to £47,000 (including allowances).
- Joining the Met as a new Police Constable is just the beginning of your journey. Whatever your interests, there
are so many opportunities to specialise in countless areas of policing and develop your career.
To be eligible to join this programme you will need:
- GCSE grade C, or 4 or above, in English and Maths (or equivalent level 2 qualifications). If you don’t already
hold a level 2 qualification in maths we’ll support you to achieve this.
Plus any one of the following:
- 64 UCAS points (search UCAS tariff calculator).
- An academic or vocational qualification gained outside England and Wales equivalent to 64 UCAS points.
- Training or work experience equivalent to 64 UCAS points.