At a glance
- London Stadium
- £40,000 - £45,000 Pa
- Closing date
- Full Time
London Stadium is looking for a Procurement Manager to join the team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Supporting in procurement operations for complex and leading non-complex projects, ensuring the delivery of challenge free and value for money procurements. Including a basic knowledge of the Public Contract regulations 2015.
- To work with the Head of Procurement on LS185’s procurement activity and plans to help the procurement team operate efficiently.
- To supervise and assist Project Managers with the drafting of procurement documentation to be used in the process leading to the selection of suppliers whilst ensuring that the right supply-chain management strategy and process is implemented.
- Ensure goods, services and works are procured in a fair and compliant process. Encouraging the use of early supplier engagement to support in procurement decision making.
- Advise colleagues of all seniority on suitable routes to market and take responsibility for finalising the contract scope and commercial model deliver the project objectives.
- Assisting in the implementation of London Stadium procurement processes and to ensure all procurement operations undertaken are in accordance with EU and UK legislation, UK
- Government procurement initiatives and LS185 corporate policy and process and the LLDC
- Group responsible and sustainable procurement policies.
- To develop and implement procurement strategies identifying areas for continuous improvement to ensure processes are transparent, robust and provide for timely and value for money procurements.
- To support the work of the LLDC and LS185 in achieving best value for money from its suppliers by promoting industry best practice in procurement and on-going contract and supply-chain management.
- To positively promote procurement processes and procedures ensure the business sees the value and “buys in” to good procurement practices and compliance awareness. This may be through day-to-day business engagement or targeted training.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Chartered Institute of Building, or relevant experience.
- Proficient procurement professional with experience promoting the procurement process to stakeholders, specification, report and recommendation writing.
- Practical experience of managing varied procurement operations working in a corporate procurement environment subject to public procurement law.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing sustainable and responsible procurement requirements in procurement evaluations.
- Commercial awareness with negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to act as a partner to the business and to influence senior stakeholders.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder relationship cultivation and management skills.
- Excellent aural and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and lateral thinking skills and ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Confidence in engaging with senior stakeholders and advising on procurement matters.
- Personally credible with a professional demeanour that generates trust and confidence.
- A good team player who can support, contribute, and actively participate in projects.
- Good attention to detail and driven to deliver work of high quality and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with commitment and enthusiasm.
- Results driven with a determination to learn and succeed.
- Ability to challenge and confront conflict and broker solutions to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned to London Stadium values.
For the full Job Description, please click here