At a glance
- £15 per hour
- Closing date
- Fixed Term, Full-Time
Inspire is a Hackney-based charity supporting young people to create a positive future for themselves. We connect young people with the world of work, challenge stereotypes and celebrate local talent.
Founded in 2004, we open doors for young people aged 3-24 in Hackney and beyond, through a range of programmes that help them to raise their aspirations and achievement levels. With a team of 30 staff and an annual turnover of £1 million, we work with schools across Hackney, Camden and Islington, supporting thousands of young people each year with volunteers from a huge network of employers. In 2014 we established our independent school Inspired Directions, which offers alternative provision for learners whose needs cannot be met within mainstream education.
- Delivering assigned work-related learning activities to achieve agreed outcomes and meet our service level agreement commitments, in accordance with Inspire’s health and safety and quality frameworks.
- Designing and preparing resources and materials for workshops.
- Ensuring all programmes are evaluated following programme delivery.
- Carrying out administrative tasks to ensure the smooth delivery of programmes.
- Researching and engaging employers to host students on placements and provide volunteers to support one-off programmes in schools.
- Designing and delivering briefings to ensure all volunteers are prepared in advance for their volunteering activity.
For the full job description click here.
Freelance workers with:
- Experience of working with young people in a multi-cultural education, youth work or community setting.
- Experience of working with schools.
- Experience of working with volunteers and/or corporate partners.
- Knowledge of good practice in work-related learning, employee volunteering and/or education business link activities.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with a range of people and work effectively as part of a team.
For the full person specification click here.