At a glance
- £27,000-£29,000 per year
- Closing date
- Fixed Term, Full-Time
- 37 hours per week
Inspire is a Hackney-based charity supporting young people to create a positive future for themselves. We connect young people with the world of work, challenge stereotypes and celebrate local talent.
Founded in 2004, we open doors for young people aged 3-24 in Hackney and beyond, through a range of programmes that help them to raise their aspirations and achievement levels. With a team of 30 staff and an annual turnover of £1 million, we work with schools across Hackney, Camden and Islington, supporting thousands of young people each year with volunteers from a huge network of employers. In 2014 we established our independent school Inspired Directions, which offers alternative provision for learners whose needs cannot be met within mainstream education.
- To manage and ensure the high-quality delivery of assigned Inspire programmes, activities and services.
- Organising and delivering assigned work-related learning, enterprise and careers activities and services to young people, to achieve agreed outcomes and meet our service level agreement commitments.
- Developing programme outlines and resources for secondary programmes in line with proposals/contracts.
- Where programme activities take place out of school, carrying out health and safety checks and risk assessments, as necessary, to ensure that the necessary standards and precautions are adhered to.
- Designing evaluation frameworks for programmes that gather relevant data.
- Evaluating project delivery and impact to inform the further development and potential expansion, of key programmes and activities.
- Establishing links and sharing good practices with other programme providers.
For the full job description click here.
- Qualified to degree level/Advanced Apprenticeship level 4 or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience of working in a multi-cultural education or community setting.
- Track record of managing successful projects and partnership working.
- Previous experience designing and delivering activities to groups of young people or adult learners.
- Highly organised with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, including effective writing and presentation skills.
For the full person specification click here.