At a glance
- London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC)
- £32,946 Per Annum
- Closing date
- Full Time (37 hours p/w)
Formed in April 2012, the London Legacy Development Corporation’s purpose is to use the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of the London 2012 Games and the creation of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to change the lives of people in east London and drive growth and investment in London and the UK, by developing an inspiring and innovative place that people want – and can afford – to live, work and visit.
We are a Mayoral Development Corporation and therefore directly accountable to Londoners through the Mayor of London. We work closely with a number of organisations including the Mayor of London, the Greater London Authority, central government, our neighbouring boroughs, residents in local communities, local organisations, businesses and regeneration agencies and national and international sporting, cultural and leisure organisations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Support the planning, design and development activities for a specific suite of LLDC property development and regeneration projects.
- Support internal and external project meetings including organisation and associated administration, preparation of appropriate agenda and meeting papers, taking meeting minutes, ensuring actions are accurately recorded allocated, tracked and actioned.
- Assist with the preparation of relevant project documentation to support decision making, including Reports, Presentations, Project Initiation Documents, Business Cases and Project Execution Plans.
- Assist with the procurement of consultants and advisors, supporting the preparation of documentation, obtaining approvals and formalising contractual arrangements.
- Provide support with contract administration, processing purchase orders and invoices, using the LLDC finance system and adhering to LLDC internal processes and procedures.
- Maintain relevant budget trackers and help provide up to date financial records and reports on variations when requested.
- Maintain accurate files, records, reports, programmes and milestones, key risks and issues, including supporting monthly updates of LLDC’s Project Management System (Execview).
- Demonstrated commitment to contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Demonstrable interest in the built environment.
- Working on projects either in another role or through school or college.
- Working as part of a team either in another role or through school or college.
- An understanding (through lived/work experience) of how inclusive buildings and places can be created to aid community cohesion.
RELEVANT OPERATIONAL SKILLS FOR THE ROLE
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility with internal and external team members.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills and ability to work effectively within team.
- Proactive and able to work to agreed deadlines, targets and milestones with limited supervision.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good numerical skills and capable of effective problem solving.
- IT skills including good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To view the full job description, please click here –> LLDC – Project Support Officer JD