At a glance
- Hackney Council
- £14 per hour
- Closing date
- 3 Months fixed term
- 36 hrs per week
Main areas of responsibility
- To support the Public Health Business Manager to undertake their duties
- To provide project management and business support to the public health service to help deliver the service plan and work programmes
- To support the coordination of proactive public health communications in conjunction with the Council’s communications team and senior public health colleagues
- To provide support to service level performance management, investigation of the causes of any variance and the implementation of solutions
- To ensure that external enquiries, requests for information and complaints/compliments are recorded and administered in accordance with corporate guidelines and regulatory standards
- To work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure effective business support to the public health service
- To demonstrate excellent time management skills, organising and creating own work schedules, prioritising, preparing in advance and setting realistic timescales for self and others
- To organise operational delivery of local projects, including planning and deployment of resources
- To contribute operational expertise to specified pieces of work
- To demonstrate good analytical skills with an ability to understand, interpret and utilise statistical and financial data and management information
- To have confidence in adopting (and justifying) novel or non- standard approaches, whilst considering policy and procedures
- To promote a ‘one organisation’ approach.
- To promote equality among all staff, and ensure that services are delivered in a non-discriminatory way that is inclusive of disadvantaged groups.
- To promote accountability amongst staff towards sustainability, both in use of physical resources and the delivery of services.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies, Standing Orders, financial regulations and other requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and confidentiality policies.
- Ensure that all legislative and national and local policy in relation to Public Health Services is adhered to.
- To achieve agreed service area outcomes and personal appraisal targets with line manager.
- To undertake training and constructively participate in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- Work within a flexible framework in order to meet the demands of the service outside usual office hours and travel as required.
- Take responsibility for maintaining a staff presence to respond to unplanned calls or events, by partaking in rotas or other cover arrangements.
- Carry out any other duties as might be required within the remit and responsibilities of the post.
- To demonstrate through personal and professional example a commitment to equality of opportunity for all groups of staff and service users, and to challenge discrimination, racism, sexism and other forms of unjust behaviour.
- The post holder is expected to be committed to the Council’s core values of public service, quality, equality and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way they carry out their duties.
NB: All employees are expected to adhere to the Council’s Diversity & Equality and Health and Safety Policies. Person Specification
Knowledge and qualifications
- Relevant level 4 qualification (eg NVQ 4, Diploma) or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and understanding gained through experience
- Have a high level working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or equivalent including the following: email (Outlook or equivalent), word processing (Word or equivalent), spreadsheets (Excel or equivalent) using the internet (internet Explorer or equivalent), G suite applications
- Have a willingness to learn new applications and technology as appropriate
Experience and skills
- Experience of multi tasking to deliver work allocation or multiple work projects
- Demonstrable experience of being able to deliver under pressure and on own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise work in a pressured environment
- Highly developed time management skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems, demonstrating a ‘solution-focussed’ approach
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and/or experience of equalities and diversity issues in accordance with London Borough of Hackney’s Diversity and
- Competence in IT skills and willingness to learn IT services used in the department/across Hackney Council- e.g. G Suite by Google Cloud.