At a glance
- GCS Apprenticeship
- Closing date
- 37 hours per week
What is the GCS Apprenticeship all about?
Our 18-month apprenticeship combines work in one or more communications teams across the Government Communication Service with academic study.
You will gain valuable work experience in communications specialisms, these could include internal communications, digital media, campaign management and strategic engagement. You can find out more about the GCS by visiting https://gcs.civilservice.gov.uk/
What will I be doing as an Apprentice?
During your apprenticeship, you will be placed in a government department or public body and will be delivering against key government priorities. This might include:
- Organising government events and visits
- Running communications campaign using digital tools and social media to interest and engage people
- Creating government campaigns to encourage community participation
- Researching and analysing the needs of a variety of audiences
This is a broad reflection of the role. It is not exhaustive, and changes will be made based on departmental needs at the discretion of the relevant line manager and in conjunction with the post holder. You can find out more about our GCS Apprentices by reading blogs and news stories on our GCS website.
Who is GCS looking for?
We need people who are:
- Interested in news stories and current affairs
- Digitally competent
- Excellent communicators
- Outstanding team players
- Organised and creative
- Flexible and able to work under-pressure to deadlines
For more information please visit the site, if you would like support please contact email@example.com