At a glance
- Expedient Security
- £11.05 per hour
- Closing date
- Full Time/Part Time
We are very proud to reopen our recruitment for SIA security officers for our newest contract based in Stratford East London!
- Report for duty on time, adhere to the Venue dress code, sign on correctly and receive a position at which they are required to work for that event.
- Attend training (as required), pre-event briefings; and post event debrief (as required).
- Carry out pre and post event safety checks, complete pre-event check report and report issues to supervisors.
- Responsible for ensure all entry and exit points including fire exits are monitored and access allowed in-line with Arena accreditation; including access to Blue Badge Parking.
- Responsible for carrying out search protocols in line with Venue policy.
- Ensure that customers are greeted when entering or leaving the Venue in a warm and friendly manner.
- Monitor the customers in allocated areas and deal with any issues quickly and efficiently.
- Report any incident or occurrences among customers or visitors quickly and efficiently.
- Monitor gangways and exit/evacuation routes and ensure they are kept clear and report any issues quickly and efficiently.
- Be fully conversant with any methods or messages used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Report immediately if any damage or defect which is likely to pose a threat or danger to customer safety e.g. damaged seat.
- Assist as required in the evacuation or invacuation of the venue.
- Know the location of the First Aid Room, First Aid boxes and fire extinguishers and break-point buttons located within the Venue.
- Be able to provide basic First Aid if required.
- Comply with the instructions and guidance contained in the Venue’s SIA and Stewards Handbook.
- Promptly comply with any instruction given by the Head of Security, Health & Safety and/or Supervisors.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- SIAs/ Stewards are not employed to watch the performance or event and must at all times remain focused on the customers and their behaviour. They must not eat, drink or smoke in view of the public.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for health, hygiene, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, and to comply with the policies and procedures relating to health and safety within the service.
- SIA Front Line Door Supervisor Licence
- Further training that will be required once employed will be provided such as listed below:
– Venue and site specific induction
– Level 2 Certificate in Spectator Safety
– First aid (Emergency First Aid at Work or equivalent)
– ACT Awareness
– ACT Security
– Any other training as required