A New Direction offers employability programmes and job opportunities for young Londoners aged 18-30 in the creative, cultural, and tech industries. We introduce employers to talented and diverse young people, bringing new ideas and energy to the sector.
We are building a team of Talent Scouts to engage new audiences with our Employment and Skills programmes at public events, careers fairs and job centres.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To scout for new talented participants for our programmes. We’re looking for people who are:
- Aged 18-30.
- Interested in the creative industries.
- Unemployed, underemployed or not in full-time education.
- To increase the visibility of our organisation for both existing and potential new partners and funders.
- To increase our participation with new audiences, those who may not have heard of us before.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills in oral, written and visual communications.
- Confident public speaker and keen to engage and support other young creatives.
- Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise a range of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to research information from a wide range of sources.
- Existing network of creatives that you can connect with.