At a glance
- Paper Dress
- £10.00 per hour
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Paper Dress
Paper Dress Vintage is a vintage clothing shop, live music venue, events space and bar. We host a wide variety of events but with a focus on live music. Candidates will be expected to be available to attend the work location (352a Mare Street, Hackney, E8 1HR) during the 6 months, there may be some remote home working involved.
The main roles and responsibilities are:
- You will assist our bar manager with the smooth running over our music venue and bar, which will include;
- Serving drinks to customers
- Welcoming and hosting customers
- Overseeing standards and everything kept in good order
- Weekly stock take and ordering and working with in-house promoters to organise live music nights.
- You will also be assisting with liaising with bands and advancing details, social media postings and Band scouting.
- Candidates will be expected to be available to attend the work location (352a Mare Street, Hackney, E8 1HR) during the 6 months, there may be some remote home working involved.
- The candidate must be 18+ and should be comfortable working with alcohol, as this will be part of their role.
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with a keen interest in live music and is not afraid of hard work as shifts can be long.
- Someone who is well-spoken, friendly and approachable.
- Ideally, someone local to us in Hackney Central as will be late finishes – our license pre-Covid was till 3am.
- Social media and artwork skills are an advantage and you will be available to regularly work weekends and evenings.
- Someone who wants to have a career in hospitality – we are willing to invest in them getting a personal license qualification for the right candidate.