At a glance
- East London Advanced Technology Training
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About East London Advanced Technology Training (ELATT)
East London Advanced Technology Training (ELATT) is an award-winning charity with a history. For over 30 years we have supported hundreds of Londoners to better their lives across the capital. We’re a learning community that offers a whole-person approach. Every day we welcome students who want to develop their skills, gain confidence and learn at any stage of their lives.
Before applying for this role, please check that you share the following values:
- You believe in the life-changing value of education
- You celebrate and value diversity and the enrichment and benefit it brings to society
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can re-prioritise your work plans according to events and needs
- You believe in an empathetic and caring approach to team working, valuing the contribution of team members at all levels
- You believe in the importance of continuous improvement and learning new skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting students in all departments including; Sixth Form, Vocational and Life Skills.
- Supporting students funded by AMIF and ESF projects.
- To maintain and update client records and confidential information.
- Develop an awareness of local, regional and national labour markets through a range of activities.
- Liaise, network and develop links with a range of other relevant professionals and agencies including local businesses and industry partners.
- Support the delivery of services provided by all sections of ELATT.
- Promote equality of opportunity for all students in all aspects of work.
- Undertake all work in line with quality procedures.
- Produce reports as and when directed.
- Encourage and involve customers in the design, delivery and evaluation of all aspects of our services in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To undertake any duties as may be required from time to time by the Company.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the line manager such as other administrative duties and reception cover.
- Experience supporting in Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) settings
- Experience in careers support
- Experience in running a business
- Level 2 qualification in the relevant subject area or equivalent qualification or experience
- Logical thinker, who enjoys setting up and following processes
- Meticulous attention to detail
- To be a self-starter, able to work on own initiative and use own judgement to problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to communicate well to customers
- The ability to work as part of and between teams
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines whilst working under pressure
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and commitment to Equality and Diversity and how this has been applied in previous roles
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety as applicable to this role
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the education sector as applicable to this role
- To have a flexible and can-do approach to work
- A commitment to own and others professional development