At a glance
- East London Advanced Technology Training
- £10.85 per hour
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About East London Advanced Technology Training (ELATT)
East London Advanced Technology Training (ELATT) is an award-winning charity with a history. For over 30 years we have supported hundreds of Londoners to better their lives across the capital. We’re a learning community that offers a whole-person approach. Every day we welcome students who want to develop their skills, gain confidence and learn at any stage of their lives.
Before applying for this role, please check that you share the following values:
- You believe in the life-changing value of education
- You celebrate and value diversity and the enrichment and benefit it brings to society
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can re-prioritise your work plans according to events and needs
- You believe in an empathetic and caring approach to team working, valuing the contribution of team members at all levels
- You believe in the importance of continuous improvement and learning new skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure exams run smoothly: exams candidates are registered, access arrangements are requested, papers ordered, exam rooms booked and set up, invigilators booked and trained, invigilate exams, papers are returned for marking, the achievement is recorded and certificates are issued.
- Maintain clear communication with managers and tutors throughout.
- Work across all departments to ensure our quality cycle is adhered to: log staff Continuing Professional Development (CPD) including safeguarding training, assist in the collation of learner voice, ensure tutors understand and follow assessment regulations for each subject/awarding body, print papers for assessments, work with Internal Verifiers to ensure processes are followed, support senior managers in other quality activities, eg logging tutor observations and reflections.
- Contributing to the development of administrative systems and procedures, in order to ensure that a high quality administrative support service is provided to students and staff.
- Meeting arrangements, recording meeting minutes and the action points arising from the meetings.
- Be familiar with and promote ELATT’s Equality and Diversity Policy. Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm to promote the principle of equality and diversity in employment and service delivery.
- Be familiar with Safeguarding requirements as outlined in the Safeguarding Policy and comply with its requirements to safeguard and protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Be aware of and comply with the health and safety legislation and other ELATT requirements that are relevant to his/her post.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the line manager such as other administrative duties and reception cover.
- Experience in data management and data collection, in particular setting up and maintaining spreadsheets desirable.
- Level 2 qualifications and above desirable or if you already have experience in a similar role.
- Logical thinker, who enjoys setting up and following processes
- Meticulous attention to detail
- To be a self-starter, able to work on own initiative and use own judgement to problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to communicate well to customers
- The ability to work as part of and between teams
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines whilst working under pressure
- Basic IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and commitment to Equality and Diversity and how this has been applied in previous roles
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety as applicable to this role
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the education sector as applicable to this role
- A commitment to own and others professional development