At a glance
- Museum of the Home
- £19,747 pa full-time
- Closing date
- Various / Flexible
Visitor Experience Hosts
Are you a talented customer service professional? Do you have a passion for storytelling?
We are recruiting a highly motivated and engaged team who will work directly with our visitors, using conversation and storytelling to help everyone explore the subject of home and find new ways of living better together.
London Living Wage of £10.85 per hour (equivalent to £19,747 per year full-time) with generous pension and holiday
5pm on Monday 18 January 2021
To comply with current national lockdown restrictions interviews will take place via video call between Monday 8 February and Friday 19 February 2021.
Part-time and full-time positions are available. Hours range from 15.5 hours up to 35 hours each week, including weekends.
Please state your preferred number of hours on your application.
About the role
Our new team will play a key role in delivering and developing visitor experience at the Museum of the Home, welcoming people to our newly redeveloped galleries and gardens.
The main tasks will be:
- Welcoming visitors and ensuring a high standard of experience for all
- Supporting the Museum’s fundraising and commercial activity through the sale of tickets and promotion of donations
- Helping to maintain a safe and secure environment for our collections, staff, volunteers and visitors
- Engaging with visitors and introducing new ways of thinking about home
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who live or study in Hackney or east London, who are keen to help us tell new or under-represented stories of home.
You may have gained relevant experience at work, through volunteering or in education. Whatever your level of experience, you will be able to show you can:
- Provide excellent customer or visitor service
- Communicate effectively with a range of different people
- Listen to and respect different voices
- Motivate and support your teammates
- Research a subject and share your passion with others
The Museum of the Home is an equal opportunity organisation and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role and are excited by the prospect of helping us achieve our ambitions, please apply.
This role will require a clear DBS criminal record check at the appropriate level before the successful candidate is able to start.
Inclusive and accessible recruitment
As a Disability Confident Committed employer, our recruitment is inclusive and accessible. If you would like to request an alternative application format on disability grounds please let us know when you apply.
You may wish to discuss reasonable adjustments for a role that interests you. If so please state this on your application and we will be in touch with you.