At a glance
- Museum of the Home
- £24,000 p/a (pro rata)
- Closing date
- Part Time (16 hrs p/w)
PURPOSE OF THE POST
This role will deliver an excellent visitor experience by providing a warm and engaging welcome to our diverse audiences. Reporting to the Development Manager, this role will pro-actively ask Museum visitors for voluntary donations achieving set targets to increase
income. You will engage visitors to build their understanding of the Museum, our charitable status, and up-sell our programme, events and commercial offer.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Proactively engage with visitors at the point of entry with enthusiasm to provide a warm and engaging welcome.
- Ensure all visitors are engaged, to understand their motivations for visiting and make meaningful recommendations about the Museum of the Home and its offer.
- Proactively translate visitor engagement into financial support by asking every visitor for voluntary donations, to increase donations in line with targets.
- Develop and maintain your knowledge of the Museum site and collections to enable you to engage visitors authentically about our offer.
- Record and report visitor information, enquiries and comments.
- Demonstrate inclusive behaviours, valuing all our visitors and promoting a culture of openness.
- Maintain a good knowledge of emergency procedures, assist in emergency situations and be responsible for the health and safety of visitors and colleagues.
Key performance indicators
- Increase visitor donations in line with set targets.
- Achieving excellent visitor satisfaction results.
- Building strong working relationships with teams across the Museum.
- Quickly and accurately reporting health and safety and security issues.
- Providing an excellent service to customers in a busy environment.
- Making a proactive contribution to team sales targets.
- Communicating effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Working in a team; both supporting colleagues and taking the lead.
Desirable (or willingness to engage in training):
- Operating a till or using a ticketing system.
- Visitor-focused, with exceptional customer service skills.
- Persuasion, influencing and sales skills.
- Strong verbal communication and good listening skills.
- Able to use initiative to respond to unexpected challenges.
- Able to motivate and inspire others.
- Real interest in the subject of Home and a passion for sharing stories.
- An interest in working in the cultural sector.
- Basic administrative and IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Other vital requirements
- Contracted hours will be worked in shifts; Monday to Sunday.
- Shifts will be allocated on a rolling rota issued at least two weeks in advance.
- Flexibility to work in the evening, at weekends and on bank holidays (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day) is essential.
To view the full job description, please click here –> MOTH – Visitor Fundraiser JD