At a glance
- Hackney Marsh Partnership
- National Minimum Wage
- Closing date
- 6 Month Placement
- 25 hours per week
This advert is to express your interest in this Kickstart placement, not to apply for it, an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
About Hackney Marsh Partnership
Hackney Marsh Partnership works to alleviate poverty and reduce isolation in Hackney, to enable individuals and communities to flourish through youth programmes, community activities and adult training and employability programmes.
Hackney Marsh Partnership works to enable adults, children and young people to find their own ways through problems associated with poverty, prejudice and powerlessness. While we acknowledge the value of short-term projects in doing this, we recognise the need to work with local people to build up and sustain local services, resources and amenities in the long term.
The main roles and responsibilities are:
- They will work with individuals and groups building trust and supportive relationships and listen to the young people and offer support and advice in response to their needs.
- They will work with young people to develop project work, which meets the expressed and/or perceived needs of young people in the local area.
- With guidance from senior youth workers, they will plan, prepare, facilitate, evaluate, set up and clear away activities and workshops.
- With other staff, they will escort young people on trips and outings.
- The young person will be expected to encourage other young people to take control of the decision-making processes and to become involved in a youth steering group.
- Someone who is willing to learn, not afraid of hard work and looking to build a long term career working with young people.
- Ideally, the person will have some experience working with young people who face disadvantages.