Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We have recently reopened all of our offices including the Redmond Centre (Woodberry Down), Gascoyne II Community Hall (Homerton), and Opportunity Hub (Hoxton). We are also able to see residents in the Hackney Service Centre (Hackney Central). Advisors are available by appointment via Tel: 020 8356 5700 or Email: email@example.com
Advice and support into employment
Hackney Works can help residents navigate the job market by providing one to one advice from a specialist advisor. They can help you explore your transferable skills, careers, progression into work, and link you to specialist services.
We also recommend looking on:
- JETS – Job Entry Targeted Support service: If you’ve been left jobless for three months or more due to Covid-19, JETS could give you support to get back into work. They provide dedicated support for six months with an employment coach. For more information click the link or ask your Jobcentre Plus work coach.
Hackney Council is well connected to a range of employers in the borough, you can find current job openings on our board that are regularly updated.
If you are interested in working at Hackney Council, you can find out how to access support to apply here
Keep updated on live opportunities: Subscribe to the Hackney Jobs newsletter
Volunteer to develop your skills and experience
Through volunteering, you can gain experience that is specific to the field you’re interested in, as well as building up transferrable skills like confidence and communication. Volunteering roles are available in all different areas, from healthcare to gardening.
To browse current volunteering opportunities or for support finding the right one for you, contact Volunteer Centre Hackney.
Workshops to help you prepare and explore
We provide workshops and sessions to help you prepare for job applications, interviews and explore career paths.
Build on your skills and training
Building on your skills will help keep them up to date and provide you with a competitive advantage. Hackney Council offers various courses and vocational training:
We also recommend looking on:
- New City College for a wide range of courses at all levels
- Free2learn offer free courses for those aged 19+ and are receiving benefits.
- VSS provides pre-employment vocational training courses across a range of industries
- Ixion provides training and qualifications for a wide range of industries, for example, construction, care and hospitality services.
Benefits & additional support
Changes in your employment status will have varied impacts on other areas, if you need support, here are some places to start:
- Benefit and budgeting calculator to check if you are entitled to benefits
- Support during the coronavirus pandemic: Find information and advice about the help available during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Citizens Advice Bureau has various advice about your rights related to any issues with work.
Page last reviewed: February 14, 2022