Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We have recently reopened all of our offices including the Redmond Centre (Woodberry Down), Gascoyne II Community Hall (Homerton), and Opportunity Hub (Hoxton). We are also able to see residents in the Hackney Service Centre (Hackney Central). Advisors are available by appointment via Tel: 020 8356 5700 or Email: email@example.com
A free employment support service for Hackney residents.
Whether you’re looking for your first job, you want to progress further, explore your career options or you’ve been out of work for a while, our advisors can help you to achieve your goals.
What we offer
- A personal advisor to support you
- Access to free training courses
- Help to identify your unique skills
- Help with CVs and job applications
- Exclusive local job vacancies
- Interview technique coaching
- Career counselling
Our Supported Employment Service helps Hackney residents with disabilities or health conditions to find work matched to their individual needs and interests.
What we offer
- A dedicated advisor to support you on your employment journey
- Help with CVs, job applications and interview coaching
- Support for employers to make adjustments to the interview process
- Help explaining your health condition to employers
- Support to make changes or adjustments in the workplace
- Help to keep your job and progress in your chosen career
- Access to in work support
Get support by registering today.
Careers guidance for adults in Hackney
This Matrix accredited service offers free confidential careers advice and guidance for adults in Hackney over the age of 19 years. This is a service with appointments currently offered via telephone, Zoom or Google Meet in the following areas:
- Adult and Family Learning in Hackney and London wide
- Accessing college and university Higher Education, including advice on student funding
- Careers advice for all professions including teaching and social work
- Other education and training opportunities
- Signposting to volunteering opportunities
For more information please contact Naina Kent, Careers Advisor
T: 020 8820 7172 | M: 07775 018102 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drug and Alcohol Employment Support at City & Hackney Recovery Service
Free employment support service for Hackney residents currently accessing substance misuse treatment at City & Hackney Recovery Service.
The Drug and Alcohol Employment Support Team will help you find and sustain work by providing:
- Support exploring the type of work you want to do
- A confidential and individualised service based on your interests and goals
- Help searching for jobs quickly
- Help with rebuilding your CV, completing job applications and preparing for interviews
- Continued support once you are in work for you and your employer
- Contact with local employers to discuss fresh opportunities
- Benefits advice
- Partnership with your treatment team to help you manage your recovery and return to work
- Confidence building and skills development
Who can use the service?
Open to all Hackney residents who currently receive treatment for drug and alcohol at City & Hackney Recovery Service and are interested in paid work or need support keeping their current job.
If you would like support in gaining paid work please speak with your key worker or clinician at City & Hackney Recovery Service and ask to be referred to the Employment Support Service.
Page last reviewed: March 30, 2022