A free employment support service for Hackney residents.
Whether you’re looking for your first job, you want to progress further, explore your career options or you’ve been out of work for a while, our advisors can help you to achieve your goals.
What we offer
- A personal advisor to support you
- Access to free training courses
- Help to identify your unique skills
- Help with CVs and job applications
- Exclusive local job vacancies
- Interview technique coaching
- Career counselling
Are you a new resident arriving from Ukraine or Afghanistan?
We have ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) classes to help to develop the English language skills needed for everyday life. We can also provide help with your journey into employment.
To register your interest click here
To register your interest click here (for a Ukrainian translation of the form)
Our Supported Employment Service helps Hackney residents with disabilities or health conditions to find work matched to their individual needs and interests.
What we offer
- A dedicated advisor to support you on your employment journey
- Help with CVs, job applications and interview coaching
- Support for employers to make adjustments to the interview process
- Help explaining your health condition to employers
- Support to make changes or adjustments in the workplace
- Help to keep your job and progress in your chosen career
- Access to in work support
Get support by registering today.
Careers guidance for adults in Hackney
This Matrix accredited service offers free confidential careers advice and guidance for adults in Hackney over the age of 19 years. This is a service with appointments currently offered via telephone, Zoom or Google Meet in the following areas:
- Adult and Family Learning in Hackney and London wide
- Accessing college and university Higher Education, including advice on student funding
- Careers advice for all professions including teaching and social work
- Other education and training opportunities
- Signposting to volunteering opportunities
For more information please contact Naina Kent, Careers Advisor
T: 0208 356 7174 | M: 07775 018102 | E: email@example.com
Drug and Alcohol Employment Support at City & Hackney Recovery Service
Free employment support service for Hackney residents currently accessing treatment for their substance use at City & Hackney Recovery Service.
What we provide:
- Providing one to one support through your own allocated Employment Specialist
- Exploring job ideas and setting career goals
- Engaging with employers and finding relevant job opportunities
- CV writing, completing application forms, interview preparations, skills development
- Planning how to share personal information with employers and negotiating adjustments you might require
- Benefits advice
- Support for you whilst in work, including career development and help to retain your job
Who can use the service?
Open to all Hackney residents who currently receive treatment for drug and alcohol at City & Hackney Recovery Service (Turning Point) and are interested in paid work or need support keeping their current job.
If you would like support in gaining paid work please speak with your key worker or clinician at City & Hackney Recovery Service and ask to be referred to the Employment Support Service.
Alternatively, please contact us directly by email or phone using the details below.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 8356 3909
Page last reviewed: August 23, 2022