Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Our offices are closed to the public. You can still contact us online or over the phone, though it may take longer to get through. We're prioritising vulnerable people, such as those facing redundancy, and those in key worker roles.
What we offer
Free courses for adults and families in Hackney to learn new skills
- Group learning where online and in-person courses are taught in classes with other people
- Community-based classes run by experienced tutors and organisations who know Hackney well.
- Family-friendly courses where you and your kids can learn new skills together
What you can learn
We offer a broad range of courses that you can take on your own and some that are just for families, so you can learn together.
Our most popular courses are:
- Computer skills
- Maths skills
- English (Functional Skills/Literacy)
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Career and technical training
- Art and crafts
- Life skills, wellbeing and personal development
Who is eligible?
To take a course with Hackney Adult Learning you will need:
- to live in Hackney
- to be aged 19+ years
Priority will be given to those who are unemployed or in receipt of income based benefits. Limited spaces are available for those who are employed. Some courses have other eligibility needs.
If you’re not sure you qualify, speak to an advisor.
How to join a course
You can apply to join a course online.
Check out our safe online learning tips
Before starting some courses, you’ll need to have a chat with an advisor or tutor so they can make sure the course is a good fit for you. You’ll be able to talk about what you want to learn and why.
Page last reviewed: November 24, 2020