Do you want to improve your English, maths, or digital skills, gain a qualification to enhance your career, or develop your personal and wellbeing skills?
What we offer
Free courses for adults and families in Hackney to learn new skills
- Group learning where online and in-person courses are taught in classes with other people
- Community-based classes run by experienced tutors and organisations who know Hackney well.
- Family-friendly courses where you and your kids can learn new skills together
What you can learn
We offer a broad range of courses, our popular courses include:
- Computer skills
- Maths skills
- English (Functional Skills/Literacy)
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
Other popular courses include:
If you’re interested in any of the courses below register your interest!
- Career and job-related training
- Art and crafts
- Life skills, well-being and personal development
- Family Learning
We also have new courses starting this year! You can learn about green skills that will help to protect the environment.
Who is eligible?
To take a course with Hackney Adult Learning you will need:
- to live in Hackney
- to be aged 19+ years
Priority will be given to those who are unemployed or in receipt of income-based benefits. Limited spaces are available for those who are employed. Some courses have other eligibility needs.
If you’re not sure you qualify, speak to an advisor.
Before starting some courses, you’ll need to have a chat with an advisor or tutor so they can make sure the course is a good fit for you. You’ll be able to talk about what you want to learn and why.
How to join a course
If you are not able to join one of our enrolment sessions or have further queries, please call 020 8356 5055 or email email@example.com
Further information for learners
Check out our safe online learning tips
Page last reviewed: September 21, 2023